Sunday 1 January 2012

Best Leg Forward...

Happy New Year!

'Tis the season for all manner of resolutions, re-evaluations and detoxification schemes. I don't promise to embark on any of the latter, moderation at all times seeming to me wiser than bursts of asceticism interrupting general debauchery, but I have resolved to try to blog more. I shall also be trying to blog less reservedly - that is, without running every thought I have through an extensive series of self-created tests designed to ensure that I give no offence to anyone, even (hypothetical) readers whose (imaginary) views I don't at all agree with (if they did, or do, exist). Not that I shall seek to be provocative for the sheer hell of it. It's more a resolution to think, write and be generally be a bit freer. All to the good, j'espère.

Now to the title of this post. Here is a photo taken of me this early this afternoon (so effectively this morning) as I returned home from my first venture into the wilds of 2012:



In addition to unwashed hair and no makeup (apart from the obligatory lipstick), I am wearing several holiday acquisitions, most notably the oversized cardigan (Whistles via P) and my new (and much loved) Chloe trousers (courtesy of me and the Harvey Nick's post-Christmas sale). I have wanted a pair of Chloe trousers for the best part of the last decade, so these represent a major acquisition. They were my last purchase of 2011 (and likely will be my last purchase for some time...), so it seemed only fitting to wear them for my first foray into 2012. Granted, that was only as far as Starbucks, but still...an auspicious start to the year, sartorially speaking. Until it began to rain, that is. Luckily, I live with a wonderful gentleman who received a very large umbrella for Christmas and is not adverse to impromptu rescue missions on behalf of his unprepared lady. Chloe and I were very grateful. After making it safely back home, it was straight back into the pjs for the laziest of New Year's Days, complete with Pirates of the Caribbean on iPlayer - tragic but lovely all the same.

Wishing you all a lovely, lazy and auspicious start to a brave new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment